Hello all! As some of you know, my nephew (now 8 years old) was diagnosed at 6 years old with Juvenile Diabetes. It has been a life changing thing for him and for the past couple of years my family has dedicated ourselves to doing our part. All that we can do is donate and support the organization that has helped Landon and his family get through this and given them way to deal with it the best way they can. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is an amazing organization and every year we participate in a walk to support it and raise as much money as we can to help find a cure. Last year my goal was to raise $500 and I raised $550! So this year I’ve set my goal to raise $600! I have made it a point to donate a portion of every closing that I have to this organization, and so far I’m at about $100 just from myself…which makes me smile.
This little boy is the most amazing kid and it breaks my heart that he has to go through the things that he does. He is the most mature 8 year old I know…counting carbs, asking to be tested, pulling himself out of recess when he feels shaky, and doing everything right. But still this disease is so unpredictable and has no rhyme or reason to how it works. There is actually an artificial pancreas in the works right now which means that someday Landon will be able to do all the things he wants, and probably eat anything he wants! YEA!!! We are hoping this happens within his lifetime!
Anyways, I could go on and on about it, but what I’m really after is to get donations. I know, everyone has hard times and EVERYONE hits us up for donations for some other organization. So I completely understand if I don’t get much from anyone. It really takes a toll doesn’t it? So, if you are in the position to donate…GREAT! If not..don’t worry about it, it will all work out in the end. Thank you to all of you and I hope you have blessed day!
~
(Also, if you would rather participate in the walk than just donate PLEASE do so! Here’s the information)
Saturday, September 12, 2009
To walk:
Team Name: Landon’s Awesome Walkers
Team Captain: Landon Richards
To donate:
http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87384183


No comments:
Post a Comment